If you are hired as a temporary foreign worker in a low-wage position, your employer must:

  • ensure that suitable and affordable accommodation is available; or
  • provide you with suitable accommodation at a price that you can afford; or
  • offer you accommodation in their primary residence.

If you are a caregiver and live in your employer’s primary residence, they cannot charge you for your rent or meals. Your employer must provide you with a private, furnished bedroom that:

  • has a lock and a safety bolt on the inside, and a window; and
  • meets safety standards of the municipality and the province or territory.

If you are a temporary farm worker hired under the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program or the Agricultural Stream, accommodation details can be found in your employment contract signed by you and your employer.

Photo credit : Covacich